Award! Me? Cool!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you Lynne! Although I don't write as much as I used to, I do try my very best to keep it honest.
2. Copy the logo to your blog. Done.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
http://lynne-tnt-ii.blogspot.com/ Lynne is heading out of blogger for a sabbatical ... and then going private. She'll be missed while she's gone! Please come back.
4. Name ten things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Many of these my regular (& old -- no, not older, just from before) readers will probably find this a bit boring ...
1. I was engaged twice before I kissed the frog that turned into a handsome prince. Then married him!
2. I turned to police & fire dispatching as a way to meet new people and spend time with adults after moving to the then rural community I live in.
3. I worked in the parts department of Cycles 128 (seems like a hundred years ago) and could find any part for any motorcycle that a customer requested. Could have had lots of dates too, but, alas, I didn't.
4. I'm sure I've forgotten pretty much everything I used to know about motorcycles!
5. I owned and rode my own motorcycle when I was 21 and after just 96 miles and one fender bender ... I brought it back to the shop and sold it!
6. My efforts to educate children about disabilities began in a grassroots way that included myself and one other mom and snowballed into researching a formal curriculum, working with the school district to purchase and implement same, and I am pleased to say is still in use in the local districts.
7. The Z Girls all love the color pink! And usually one of us is wearing it.
8. Golf. Need I say more?
9. My SIL & I have played the same KENO numbers when we meet for lunch at a favorite restaurant for many years now. The numbers where chosen by my SIL during one of my birthday lunches ... my birthday, lucky 7 and 69. I have one $100.00 playing the numbers on more than one occasion.
10. I have lived in three homes my entire life. My childhood home, my young adult home and my married home. All three are within ten minutes of each other.
5. Nominate ten or as many as you can -- Honest Scrap Bloggers -- include their blog links.
Vicki - 2 http://havenwoodhouse.blogspot.com/
Well, that's my list of links. BUT. I am leaving some of Lynne's links in, because you know, links are a good way to go out, meet new folks, visit folks we've been missing and build community among ourselves.
Carlene at http://horseshoebend2.blogspot.com/
Dawn at http://bbubblyb.blogspot.com/
Joann at http://joannsnewjournal.blogspot.com/
Linda at http://findingfootprintsinthesand.blogspot.com/
Lyn at http://lyn-britsblog.blogspot.com/
Sheri at http://justanotherday-sheri.blogspot.com/
Sugar at http://alittlebitofsugarplease.blogspot.com/
6. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Oh gosh ... I went to visit all of the links I posted and totally forgot to let them know I've nominated them! I'm off to do that now! ** Gave up** Got through four or five and blogger was having some AOL moments.
PS -- It's perfectly okay to accept your award and not pass it on. Sometimes that's fun too!