Thursday, October 2, 2008

Excited -- Panicky

Here I sit after a long day of work, pick ups and drop offs and back to work. I should be worn out, exhausted, tired.

Somehow I find myself happy, upbeat, excited and just a tad panicked. The last because of copying journal files ... and the five hundred and thirty nine ways it can be accomplished.

I want to start off here with a huge "thank you!" to all of you. My old friends and new. The silver and gold of my life. There wouldn't be a whole heck of a lot of point or sense in starting anew without all of you by my side.

I like to think you feel that way too. Aw, heck. I know you do.

Each of us has one or two or ten or one hundred other folks here in our community, although the neighborhood is new, who make a difference in our lives every day. A supportive word. A virtual hug. Help with technical -- things. We are here for each other on lonely days, happy days, sad days, bl eh days and joyful days. Somewhere, someone is here, every day encouraging us to live our lives to the fullest and to experience all the possibilities that our ethereal world offers us. We are able to share with others in a way we would not have thought possible back when we were pen pals with, dare I mention it? Pencils and paper!

I am excited and happy to be starting here anew. I do so hope you are too.

5 comments:

D said...

great entry my friend.. we will survive this and come out stronger

Sage Ravenwood said...

It does has an exciting edge to it. I'm in awe the way the community pulled together to support one another in this move. (Hugs)Indigo

MariesImages said...

Your new blog looks wonderful!
Although AOL had some great features their service was less than great. Things change, & sometimes for the BETTER!
Once you get used to it, you will feel at home..Ü
Marie

Lisa said...

This is a great entry Kathy! Hope you received my invite. If it doesn't work let me know,
Lisa

Lisa :-] said...

It IS a lot of work, though... :P