Thursday, October 2, 2008

Saving Walt's Journal



Okay. Phew. I've been trying really hard to get in touch Walt's widow, Bonnie and finally today we connected!

I wanted to ask permission to save Walt's journal to my hard drive and then to print it out for her since she does not 'do computers'. Although she keeps telling me she will. (NOT!)

The Diatom Project

She was so grateful when I told her there were a few of us who wanted Walt's words on line with us so we can pop in and visit and feel his presence though he's been gone about a year and a half now.

Phew. Makes me feel so much better to know that Bonnie wants his journal to live. She told me she wants it up on line as a tribute to him and how smart he was. As a matter of fact she paid for an entire year of AOL service last November thinking she had to to keep the journal on line. (I gently suggested she call them and ask for the free version)

Made feel weepy all over again. He was smart and unique and such a good friend.

I'll figure out how to get it on Blogger later ...

As an aside, I had responded to a request from Guido of anyone in need of a dormant or deceased persons blog being saved ... so I do need to let him know I've got it covered. At least for the moment.

3 comments:

ADB said...

Walt's journal will be copied over, Kathy. Will let you know how that progresses.

Unknown said...

New reader of yours but will be back. Have an awesome day.

MyMaracas said...

I'm so glad to hear this! Losing Walt was bad enough, but losing his blog too... that was just too, too much. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Vicki