Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life Is Here -- Thank You!

Life On Flamingo Row has made it to blogger. At least in that I was able to do the transfer after I said to myself, 'one last time' and after having downloaded it to my hard drive with Spadix' Backstreet Browser.

Not a big fan of additional software being added to the PC; it did perform as the description suggested it would. Yippee!

Now the dilemma is to get the posts to actually show up in the blog. They are on the dashboard in the 'edit posts' area, but no matter the number of icons I click, nothing else happens. Since I immediately made the blog private I guess it doesn't really matter.

It only matters that it is here. I can now sift & sort, copy & paste and print entries to my hearts content, if I choose to. Phew. That's over.

And I thank each of you for your suggestions and assistance and help. I thought I'd never get this done in time.

Friend Walt's 'The Diatom Project' has been copied to my hard drive too. The plan for that one is to load it to a CD or print it out for Bonnie, his widow and then send it along to her. I had hoped to transfer it here to blogger as he has an account, but I'd need two passwords to accomplish that, so I've done the best I can for now.

Happy Day Ladies & Gentlemen! Happy Day!

My next project will be AOL pictures and those lovely shoebox albums. Who knew? (I guess we all did, actually) First thing this morning I went to follow the instructions in the official AOL e-mail with the links, etc. Guess what? Uh-huh. If you said to yourself, "they don't work.", you'd be correct.

Shaking my head, having a chuckle. If there is a technical thing I can mess up, I do.

**Update** I've had AOL open, but shrunken all morning while I waltz my way through Quickbooks to another monthly tax bill. Suddenly I hear click, click, click, click and voila! I had just over 100 e-mails notifying me of entries to Life. I guess it either takes a really, really long time for them to post or AOL is helping me out just as I was told they would. Gee. Only 741 posts to go. It's going to be a long e-mail day, but I am grinning from ear to ear. :)

7 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Hooray!!! I'd have gone crazy with worry if it had taken me until now to get my blogs transferred. This is indeed a happy day!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you had success moving your journal to here. I did too except my pics didn't move so I may have to transfer again. Yes when I made mine private I had to go into the blog edits and manually move them to publish to the blog in groups of 25 at a time. It was a slow process. Some of my graphics appeared and some did not. Then when I moved my other journal all the photos seemed to show up just fine but I haven't had a chance to see if my videos are working. I am so glad to hear you were able to save Walt's journal. I often wondered what happened and was out of touch but used to enjoy stopping by their journal. I always considered it Bonnie's and Walt's LOL We all miss Walt. Hugs,
Lisa

Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to figure it out. And save Walt's journal. Still missing him. You are lucky to have his words saved for you. And Bonnie will surely appreciate your efforts. I've been working on aol pictures this morning trying to get mine transferred to the computer & uploaded with a new service. Good thing there aren't that many! Have a happy day. Hugs, ~ L

Debra said...

yea! for you!! yea!

i'm glad, cuz it's getting right down to the wire! grins, debra

akaSamDodsworth said...

Another AOL refuge plucked from the waters and saved in the nick of time - welcome Kathy!

Rob

D said...

YEAH I'm so happy for you.. wish I had that luck :( I think I'm kissing mine good bye

Robin said...

aw Mackey looks so cute over there on your sidebar!